Skip to main content

Please help me find my unique abilities - Answers

Recently I asked some of my friends what they think my strengths, weaknesses and unique abilities are.

Below are their answers (in the reverse order by date received):



  1. 1.  What are my strengths?  What can you count on me for?
    • Self Controlled
    • Open Minded
    • Trustworthy
    • Caring
    • Perfectionist
    2.  What are my weaknesses?  What can you not count on me for?
    • Long-term planning
    • Focusing on small details
    • Critical to others
    • Perfectionist
    3.  What is my unique ability?  What am I the best at in the world?
    figuring out solutions to complex problems
    • Critical thinking that allows figuring out solutions to complex problems


  2. 1.  What are my strengths?  What can you count on me for?


    - considering new ideas with an open mind
    - setting aside (ignoring?) personal sympathies in order to arrive at the truth of the matter
    - eager to help when people need it; service oriented and not snobbish
    - patient and willing to show, explain, and spend time helping people learn
    - questioning assumptions and asking good questions to discover better ways of doing things which may have escaped a person’s awareness
    - logical analysis
    - it seems you are able to switch your focus of attention with ease: take work calls during conversations, interrupt work for conversation on an unrelated subject, etc.
    - desire to learn new ways of thinking


    2.  What are my weaknesses?  What can you not count on me for?


    - perhaps the flip side of your strength: sometimes I suspect that you enjoy the process of questioning assumptions and approaches so much that you overdo it and question things that don’t need to be questioned right now (because it’s the time for action)
    - more like a situational weakness, but insensitivity to people’s or a group’s emotional state

    3.  What is my unique ability?  What am I the best at in the world?

    - you’re the only one I know (perhaps besides myself??) who has the same level of hunger to improve yourself; you’re willing to try anything for that purpose. This might not be unique, but it’s certainly rare. 
    - I think this combined with a willingness to help others through questions, direct assistance, and carefully created automatic systems might be the combination of qualities that could be put to best use. 
  3. 1.  What are my strengths?  What can you count on me for?   (Please state 3-4 things)

    -One can expect to have a clear feedback from you;
    -You tell people exactly what you think about their behaviors;
    -You are not afraid of making mistakes;
    -You are very patient.



    2.  What are my weaknesses?  What can you not count on me for?  (Please state 3-4 things) 

    -You are the most antisocial of who I know;
    -You are too direct;
    -You judge people too much.




    3.  What is my unique ability?  What am I the best at in the world?


  4. 1. Analytical reasoning, honesty, prioritising self-actualisation and transcendence, loyal friend. And of course, IT.

    2. Timekeeping, daily integrity, consistency of vision, standards.

    3. Taking complex concepts and making them simple, often through IT/coding analogies. 
  5. 1. You can easily recognize the problem and find easy solution (problem-solving).
        Define concrete goals  -  make objectives and desired outcomes specific and clear.
        Ability of effective communication, together with clarification of own ideas and thoughts in an easily understandable way. 
        Constructive criticism.
    2. Shifting from one target into another too fast.
        Work too many hours- don't have enough relaxation. 
        Ability to "get and hold right people on the bus".

    3. Bonding team together. 
        Ability to be productive - you know when your energy pick times are and you work at those times.
  6. 1. Strengths
    • Programming (for me the best I've ever met) 
    • Readiness and ability to solve any kind of problem/task/question in your area of competence 
    • Critical thinking, analytics, algorithms - this set of skills helps you find the closest and easiest way to problem solution
    • Teaching, sharing knowledge
    2. Weaknesses
    • Emotional intellect 
    • Keeping promises - wishful thinking, being bullish
    3. You are best at programming
  7. 1.  What are my strengths?  What can you count on me for?   (Please state 3-4 things)
    • Analytical Skills
    • Creative Thinking
    • Dependability
    • Flexibility
    • Critical Thinking

    2.  What are my weaknesses?  What can you not count on me for?  (Please state 3-4 things) 
    • Focusing on details too much
    • Multitasking
    • Work too many hours
    3.  What is my unique ability?  What am I the best at in the world?
    • Ability to think beyond today
    • Ability to cast a vision – To know the why behind the what
    • Ability to make the first move
  8. 1.  What are my strengths?  What can you count on me for?   (Please state 3-4 things)

    • Understanding the importance of self-reflection for personal growth and development
    • Hardworking
    • Strategic thinking
    • High self-confidence

    2.  What are my weaknesses?  What can you not count on me for?  (Please state 3-4 things) 

    • High self-confidence (:
    • Overly analytical 
    • Low EQ
    • Steadiness

    3.  What is my unique ability?  What am I the best at in the world?

    • to go further

Comments